HIS ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT TURBO SILENT Heatpipe 512MB GDDR3

GSTe

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
Just on a side note, for those of you in the US who aren't familiar with OCUK, this extract from Fudzilla is absolute garbage:

'If you are from UK or have anything to do with the UK you should know about www.overclockers.co.uk the biggest etailer and of the most important companies selling the gprahic cards'

I doubt highly that they are the UK's biggest etailer, and they certainly aren't one of the most important companies selling graphics cards. They're absolutely s***.... most people hate them and avoid them like the plague!

Blackhawk44M

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2006
If it is priced right I might go for the xt but why when it just feels wrong getting a ATi DX10 card and it having less memory than the GTX but it does make more since when taking the 512-bit memory bus.256bit for the 1900 series with 512mb of ram and 256 for the lower cards which happens to match the mem bus and now the xtx will be 512bit/1024mb.Man it will be hard to wait for the xtx if the price is right for the xt but i think like the 1950pro ( digital power system , internal crossfire ect ect.I have 2 of em and I really think they where released to test a few things for r600) it will have issues to work with.I would really hate to see them do what they did to the 1950pro when it comes to the PWM design , it just better be a digital setup the likes that a 1950pro owner has ever seen an have a lot of headroom for OC ,ect,ect.

ninjaquick

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
yeah, cant see how normal heatpipe cooling could cool one of the new gen dx10 cards, be it the 8800 or 2900... unless it uses like 3 pci slots, and gold fins :p

petevsdrm

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
Seriously.... SILENT !! 8O

WTF, I wanna see that HeatSink assemby that can dissipate that kind of heat and be silent.

I smell a peltier a running. :idea: :?: :idea:

No kidding. With all the wattage theories being thrown around and the known existence of an 8-pin and a 6-pin power connector on it, how could a silent solution dissipate all that energy :?:

Strange things are afoot at the circle K. :?

ninjaspa

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2007
makes me curious if anyone interested in this card is going to get the oem version

i know for a fact it wouldnt fit in my case

Strange things are afoot at the circle K. :?

Yep, of course it could be the pedestrian 65nm switcheroo. :twisted:

But I doubt it unfortunately. :?
I'd say iwth the 80nm version and it's non-OEM specs, we're talking about 125-150W (maybe less) of thermal energy when running all out, considering that most power is converted to heat in a chip and the VPU being the biggest draw of power on the board.

That's a heck of a lotsa heat, so even if not completely silent just to be able to even use the terms for something as quiet as an IceQ solution, that's impressive to me.

xaat_kil

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
Did it look fanless, or just a whole lotta heatpipes and a quieter fan? I'm wondering because of the "turbo silent heatpipe" name is really ambiguous - what part's turbo, whether silent means silent or just quiet...at least heatpipe is agreeable on.

Edit for bad grammar