Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB and Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB best buy>?

Jun 4, 2018
i want one hard disk of 10 TB to buy.. i am between Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB and Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB

which is the best?? and which you are suggested me to buy??

and what is the difference between these 2??
which is faster,, quality and speed??
my name is jim and i am from greece my english are not very good..

so my question is Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB is better than Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB?

which are you suggested me to buy? from these 2?

are the new Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB better than the olds baracudas?

are there good positive reviews for Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB ?

i want one from these 2 disks because i am playing a lot of games,, i am using a lot of programs ,,movies and music..,,i am download a lot of things,,i delete a lot of things

will Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB cover all these things? or is better to buy Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB because it has the less failures?

can you help me please which hardisk to buy? from these 2?

which are the advatanges and the disadvantages from these 2 hardisks??

Jun 4, 2018
will Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB cover all these things? or is better to buy Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB because it has the less failures?
are the new Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB better than the olds baracudas?

Hello mikealfonsoosa. I can not tell you which drive is better for you. That would be up to you to decide or maybe someone else can give their opinion. The BarraCuda will work for what you want and like all technology, new products tend to have newer and better features.

Jun 4, 2018
is better to buy 2 Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB instead of one hardisk with 10 TB?>?

can you tell me please??

what is more safe and better?

to buy one hardisk with 10 TB? or to buy 2 Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB ?

If you don't mind a pair of drives, I'd much prefer a pair of 6 TB models for about the same price....

You can pour over Backblaze stats to try to gain some insight on potential failure stats...; most folks go issue free for years with medium to light typical use...

I'd rather have a pair of 6 TB drives (less eggs in once giant basket) than a single 12 TB drive, but, I'd not be installing WIndows to either of them....

Get a 250 or 500 GB SSD for WIndows, and a 4-6 TB drive (or two of them if you have that large of storage needs) for storage....

You don't don't want Windows on a 6 - 12 TB conventional drive...

If you are stubbornly determined to go with one huge drive, at least partition it to have a smaller Windows partition of 500 GB - 1 TB or less so it can be more readily backed up/cloned/imaged, etc...

Good Lord..... asking the same question 6 times will not change the answer...

No one here can answer without any meaningful statistical failure data with lots of samples...

What I can tell you is that most 7200 rpm drives are about only 35% as fast as typical SSDs, so, but an SSD for your boot drive.

For storage, get what you wish...

Let's assume they are equally reliable without any data to the contrary, get whichever is $10 less then....; if it fails, you can tell us. :)