HL2 DELAYED FOR SURE

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Your'e not going to beleive it. Here is the link to the News sytem report and comments:

<A HREF="http://www.forumplanet.com/planethalflife/topic.asp?fid=2348&tid=1170823&p=1" target="_new">http://www.forumplanet.com/planethalflife/topic.asp?fid=2348&tid=1170823&p=1</A>

In addition, Here is The Planet Half-Life's Site Director's "Geiger Counter Report":
OK, so now the Half-Life 2 delay has finally been officially confirmed by Valve. They're, "currently targeting a holiday release," which is the same thing Vivendi told us back in July.
Like I've said (endlessly), I don't care for how Valve handled this situation. They should have confirmed the delay earlier, not one week away from HL2's supposed release. I think telling the European press at ECTS (less than a month ago) that the, "release date is unchanged," was irresponsible. Good marketing? Maybe. A nice way to treat your fans? No.

That being said, dwelling on the delay won't do anyone any good. Bitching and moaning about it won't accomplish a damn thing. The bottom line is that Half-Life 2 is going to ship eventually, and it's almost certainly going to be worth the wait. In the meantime, there are still plenty of other games and HL mods to play.

- Fragmaster
My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by UFO_WARVIPER on 09/24/03 01:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
yay! this buys time for doom 3 and nVidia

and we should really blame ATi~~~~

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5950ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
waiting for aBox~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
I think that is probably the case. Gabe was STEAMing (no pun intended) mad about Nvidia's lack of Pixel shader 2.0 performance the month that HL2 was supposed to be released. Another possibility is that the STEAM client was buggier than ever was predicted. If you've been to the Planet Half-Life forums, there has been alot of fiasco about "Steam sucking" lately since the non-beta version was released.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!