Hold Windows 7 Party, Get Free Windows 7 Ult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitage

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
Run Sonic, RUUUN! It's the evil Dr. Robotnik going mad! :O

But OT: I dont really see how this is going to be much of a success. Surely, it's an original idea, but I think for most people it's just too much work to organize (or it's just me being lazy).

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I could see this being somewhat successful for MS. Peer endorsement is the most powerful form of advertisement. If you end up convincing half of your 10 friends at the "party" to get Windows 7, then I would say MS's one free copy to you was worth it.

Problem is convincing 10 of your friends to go to a Windows 7 party... (hint: use beer)

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
while this would serve as free advertising for microsoft, i don't really see anyone doing it. Although, if this were apple and not MS, i could absolutely see a bunch of fanbois going down to the local apple store, buying the latest version of osx and then all go down to one of their houses and get all excited while it installs on their computers...

pirateboy

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
I will be doing peer2peer endorsement on a bittorrent tracker party...that way it's free and nobody will get drunk and vomit on my carpet

G

Speaking of October 29, I just tried the Kubuntu 9.10 alpha 5 live CD, they've done one hell of a job with that, they really made it into a Win7 killer(presumably they felt the need to compete, and really stepped up to the plate). I'm going to install it as my main OS when the final release comes out.

Kubuntu 9.10 alpha 5 live CD download:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/releases/karmic/alpha-5/karmic-desktop-i386.iso

PS: Nobody is throwing any Windows 7 parties, I think they've overestimated the excitement :p

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Nik_I[/nom]while this would serve as free advertising for microsoft, i don't really see anyone doing it. Although, if this were apple and not MS, i could absolutely see a bunch of fanbois going down to the local apple store, buying the latest version of osx and then all go down to one of their houses and get all excited while it installs on their computers...[/citation]
Crud... I just finished registering to be a host. Then I read your comment and realized how pathetic I am :(

asdf634

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
LOL
Microsoft should really start their own TWIMTBP campaign like Nvidia
Microsoft - The Way It's Meant To Be Presented

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
Why don't they just give away free copies and let people speak for themselves then? They could send them via snail mail just like all those AOL cd's we used to get!!! ;)

viometrix

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
i registered.... i dont ned to really have a party.... i have so many pictures of lan hosting events ive done for gaming, and everyone i know runs win 7 rc anyways.... so easy to spoof with a little photoshop....
but i will have 10 people over and distibute the software as i agreed to.... i am not about to do the worng thing, just not spend alot of money doing it. i think in this day and age it could be a good thing to get rid of all the bad press.... who knows maybe microsoft can use it to slam apple in the balls for a change

trih

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
[citation][nom]apmyhr[/nom]I could see this being somewhat successful for MS. Peer endorsement is the most powerful form of advertisement. If you end up convincing half of your 10 friends at the "party" to get Windows 7, then I would say MS's one free copy to you was worth it.Problem is convincing 10 of your friends to go to a Windows 7 party... (hint: use beer)[/citation]
Well the people who think of actually throwing a "windows party" most likely don't have 10 friends :)

G

I liked the old method of M$-hosted live events where everyone got free software. Plus you learned a lot of technical info as well.

ozzman24

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
[citation][nom]OMG_try_Kubuntu[/nom]Speaking of October 29, I just tried the Kubuntu 9.10 alpha 5 live CD, they've done one hell of a job with that, they really made it into a Win7 killer(presumably they felt the need to compete, and really stepped up to the plate). I'm going to install it as my main OS when the final release comes out.Kubuntu 9.10 alpha 5 live CD download:http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/ [...] p-i386.isoPS: Nobody is throwing any Windows 7 parties, I think they've overestimated the excitement[/citation]
Please tell me why we should use Kubuntu, other than it's not a Microsoft product. I've use Ubuntu, it's okay just because it's free. Just wish there were more Linux OS' that were a little more friendly with a MS world.

G

lol. Just another excuse to have a party, with the gravy of getting Win 7 on top. I'll just invite a tonne of my usual suspect hooligans and we'll get hammered and act like imbeciles and try to talk the women's shirts off. Anyone who's nerd enough to attend a "Windows 7 Party" already knows what they need to know about Windows 7 or needs to work on their social skills. All of my other buddies will just get drunk not care about an OS release. I'm hoping a Microsoft rep will show up. We'll get him tanked with a beer bong or a keg stand...

ozzman24

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
[citation][nom]bogcotton[/nom]It's called money. =][/citation]
LOL, I never though burning a money fatty would do that! Holy crap, I have a $5 bill. I bet it won't be the same as burning a Benjie!

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Throw a BYOB party. Free drinks and chips that way.

OR!!! Go to a club take some pix, photoshop a Win 7 load screen or MP11 visualization on a few screens! They suck at photoshop and will never know!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.