[SOLVED] Home Theatre PC spec help

BunnyK

Prominent
Dec 27, 2019
So I'm thinking of building a HTPC, that will mainly be used for netflix, maybe some occasional gaming, i dont expect anything over 200 fps, something that gets me 90 fps consistently would be great if possible (havent decided whether to get a 1080p or 4k tv, will most likely get 1080p)

My budget would be $600 Canadian Dollars, before tax. The problem is that I dont know anything about best bang-for-the-buck pc components, and i was wondering if i could get some help for the parts to get. The only preference i have is ITX case and Motherboard, something small

Thanks in advance

Solution
An itx build capable of gaming for $600 cad is pretty much impossible. $800 just about maybe.

The cheapest capable gpu you're looking at is $200+,onboard graphics won't currently go past 4k 30htz and won't do for gaming even at 1080p realistically and mitx boards and cases are actually more expensive than their matx counterparts.

If you can budget tv and htpc together it may give you more flexibility between the two.

4k is nice but not essential but the fact is decent 4k sets can be picked up for not much more than their 1080p counterparts nowadays (even though most consumers are actually limited on 4k content to display)
So I'm thinking of building a HTPC, that will mainly be used for netflix, maybe some occasional gaming, i dont expect anything over 200 fps, something that gets me 90 fps consistently would be great if possible (havent decided whether to get a 1080p or 4k tv, will most likely get 1080p)

My budget would be $600 Canadian Dollars, before tax. The problem is that I dont know anything about best bang-for-the-buck pc components, and i was wondering if i could get some help for the parts to get. The only preference i have is ITX case and Motherboard, something small

Thanks in advance
No Don't do that. Purchase the 4K TV. What is your Max Budget for TV.

An itx build capable of gaming for $600 cad is pretty much impossible. $800 just about maybe.

The cheapest capable gpu you're looking at is $200+,onboard graphics won't currently go past 4k 30htz and won't do for gaming even at 1080p realistically and mitx boards and cases are actually more expensive than their matx counterparts.

If you can budget tv and htpc together it may give you more flexibility between the two.

4k is nice but not essential but the fact is decent 4k sets can be picked up for not much more than their 1080p counterparts nowadays (even though most consumers are actually limited on 4k content to display)

Last edited:
Solution

BunnyK

Prominent
Dec 27, 2019

okay then mATX, is it possible for $600 to build a pc that gets me 90 fps avg on low-medium settings? Games like Rocket League or Fall Guys, nothing too heavy