[SOLVED] Horizon Zero Dawn crashing when OBS is opened

peachsmoothie

Honorable
Jan 30, 2015
I'm trying to screen record the game - not even stream - and the game runs really well when OBS isn't opened. I've played about 5-10 minutes to jst adjust settings and ensure I had a good frame rate. But as soon as OBS or Streamlabs opens up to record (can't even get to record), I Alt+Tab over to the game and it immediately crashes.
I upgraded my CPU and RAM the other day and was super excited to finally dive into the game because I know it can be GPU/CPU intense, and it was running really, really well during that 5-10 minutes of gameplay and then OBS opens and it all falls apart : (

I have tried running OBS as admin and the same thing.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
if you're running in Fullscreen, try changing to Windowed Borderless.

the entire time i played the game i had issues with it crashing when i would alt-tab out and leave it for a while. though it was never immediate.
the only solution i found was to switch to Windowed Borderless every time i wanted to leave it minimized for any long period.
if you're running in Fullscreen, try changing to Windowed Borderless.

the entire time i played the game i had issues with it crashing when i would alt-tab out and leave it for a while. though it was never immediate.
the only solution i found was to switch to Windowed Borderless every time i wanted to leave it minimized for any long period.

Solution