Question Horrible AA,Shimmering and flickering textures,pixeld shadows,pop up textures,low draw distance,low shadow distance and more...

Jun 28, 2019
Hello
I have a question, like in topic - can a cheap, low quality PSU cause graphical problems in video games? Like drastically low draw distance or broken LOD (level of detail)?

I've built my PC not long time ago - I'm using it something about 1 year so it's not old

How the problems looks like?

Example problem videos (watch in best quality possible):

( example problems)
View: https://youtu.be/gUcprmsIopU

1st clip : near bow dot,
2nd clip : rocks
3rd clip : rocks after gate
4th clip : roof out of nowhere
5th clip : shadow on wall
6th clip : shadows, objects, textures on house wall
7th clip : random stuff around

(other guy, I have same issues in same game spots)
View: https://youtu.be/lgopVwuf_jM

(other guy here, encountering identical problems in games too)
View: https://youtu.be/zjgoCGRmi98

The objects pops in out of nowhere. No smooth fading. They just triggers near instantly. LOD issues - same, textures quality changes instantly. Same for shadows. When moving around in games, too many instant changes in einvorement. When playing You can't miss it. Graphics looks tragic when everything around pop in, changes, show up/dissapear. I can't play any game with that visual issues. Stopped playing games normally since problems started.
It happens in every game - Rainbow six seige, Witcher 3, Gta V,Rust,Csgo,MGSV:TPP,Hitman,Rage 2 and more...(every game!)

Searched internet - found some forum threads with same problems, hundreds of threads sites, no clear answers.
Found just three single guys who succeed - one guy changed PSU, one guy switched CPU from Intel to Ryzen, one guy plugged his PC into different house far away from his house.
Many guys tried replace hardware one-by-one, moving parts to different mobo, etc, problem still appears.
Even Amd stays quiet - not responding or just says "it's normal in games".

Games graphical options maxed (except Witcher 3 hairworks, just enabled + low quality of it), 1920x1080. Even at low-res, low quality settings distance problem appears,
GPU - mobo - latest intel chipset, intel VGA, LAN, Realtek sound drivers, everything updated,
Spent a lot of time in Amd Control Panel - no success too.
DDU cleaning (driver uninstaller) - nothing changed.
Messing with BIOS settings (Storage, GPU, Chipset, Memory), reseting CMOS - nothing helps.
HPET both in BIOS and windows disabled/enabled - nothing changes, except fps gain in crowded place in Witcher 3 when HPET disabled,

My full PC specs:

PSU: GP580A-ES
GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 580 4GB GAMING
CPU: I5-7400
Mobo: Asus Prime b250-pro
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400 Mhz Geil
HDD: 1TB Blue
Display: 20MP38HB LG MONITOR

So, can the cheap, budget PSU causing that rendering problems?

Thank You for any suggestions.

And please, if You want to tell me something like that:

"it's normal"
"it's game engine limitation"
"it's how the LOD works"

Better don't even write answer. It's not normal

Jun 28, 2019
How hot is both your CPU and GPU at idle and under load (like when gaming)? Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?
I'm not overclocking anything(gpu,cpu and....) the temperature of my gpu in gaming is always between 75-65 celsius and for cpu it's less than 75c.And i don't know it is normal or not but i have a hot psu ! I notice this every time i touch its back

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 28, 2019
How hot is both your CPU and GPU at idle and under load (like when gaming)? Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?
I'm not overclocking anything(gpu,cpu and....) the temperature of my gpu in gaming is always between 75-65 celsius and for cpu it's less than 75c.And i don't know it is normal or not but i have a hot psu ! I notice this every time i touch its back

Jun 28, 2019
Unstable power can affect the GPU and video performance (but that doesn't seem to be the issue here). However, your current PSU should be able to power your system if it is performing properly. There are definitely better PSUs than that model.

How does the video look when performing a benchmark test with something like this?

https://benchmark.unigine.com/superposition
I will do the benchmarks and i'll tell you the results.