Question Hotspot to PC to router to devices... Help

Sep 6, 2019
So I am trying to streamline my internet and media server network in my RV living situation.

I have 2 mobile hotspot devices I use for internet and streaming. My phone and a Verizon mifi device.

I want my Netgear R6220 router to either serve as a repeater, or to connect my PC to my hotspot, then share that wifi connection via Ethernet to my router input which would then share it over the router wifi.
I know. It's a bit silly, but I want my media hard drive connected to the router so I can access it on all devices over WiFi, but also for that router to have internet, because otherwise, what's the point? This would take the burden of multiple devices off the hotspot device and stream it on one connection.

Using the wifi repeating function on the r6220 is a pain in the tucus I've noticed for any device and situation. It just really doesn't like doing it.
I tried to no success in this situation and a few others previously.

I have also tried sharing the connection on windows 10 AND bridging and either way the router THINKS it's getting internet but the devices connected to the router are not getting internet.
The router has an IP address but the windows Ethernet network connection says "no network access"
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Sep 6, 2019
Well, that solved the issue of connection sharing, but apparently openwrt no longer supports DLNA out of the box...
And all the instructions on adding it don't seem to work or make sense...
I attempted to follow these simple instructions but it told me it was unable to install the package...

Any help or advice?

Sep 6, 2019
It's a powered hard drive primarily for media streaming. The Netgear software handled it perfectly, but hated the connection coming from the pc shared connection.
Now I have the opposite problem.
Openwrt shares the connection perfectly, but cannot use dlna media streaming without installing it which is a pain in the butt that I've yet to figure out.

If anyone else has some openwrt advice or knowledge that would be lovely.

Sep 6, 2019
After taking a break I did some more tinkering, got the connection up and also was able to install the packages for dlna streaming, NOW I need to figure out how to get the Router to use the USB as the source for the DLNA server which isn't forthcoming at the moment...