[SOLVED] How bad is thermaltake litepower 650w psu?

Jan 23, 2021
Ryzen 5 3600
GTX 1650 super
32gb ram.
thermaltake litepower 650w
I have this PC for one year, I wonder if I should buy another PSU to avoid any damage to other components.
I have read many reviews and I know it is bad PSU, but how bad is it?

Solution
Could blow up any second. Could last another 10 years. Plain and simple fact is if power supply manufacturers consistently made power supplies that failed, they wouldn't be in business anymore. While I suspect that the lower-tiered power supplies do have a greater failure rate, than those ranked higher, I would imagine that the failure rate couldn't be much more than a few percentage points. Let's face it. If one out of every ten power supplies failed, that manufacturer would not be in business anymore.

Given the relatively light load from your current PC specs (100watt GPU/65watt CPU), I wouldn't worry too much about the current power supply. However, if you were thinking of upgrading, the power supply would be the first thing I'd...

Wolfshadw

Titan
Could blow up any second. Could last another 10 years. Plain and simple fact is if power supply manufacturers consistently made power supplies that failed, they wouldn't be in business anymore. While I suspect that the lower-tiered power supplies do have a greater failure rate, than those ranked higher, I would imagine that the failure rate couldn't be much more than a few percentage points. Let's face it. If one out of every ten power supplies failed, that manufacturer would not be in business anymore.

Given the relatively light load from your current PC specs (100watt GPU/65watt CPU), I wouldn't worry too much about the current power supply. However, if you were thinking of upgrading, the power supply would be the first thing I'd replace.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Jan 23, 2021

Given the relatively light load from your current PC specs (100watt GPU/65watt CPU), I wouldn't worry too much about the current power supply. However, if you were thinking of upgrading, the power supply would be the first thing I'd replace.

-Wolf sends
Thank you
If I will upgrade, do you think seasonic CORE-GC-650 is a good one

It's not a fire hazard or anything like that but it's group regulated, which means that it is not something that you should be using with a discrete GPU. I would replace it ASAP, the Seasonic Core GC is a good PSU, but you might be missing some great PSUs for the money in your area. What is your budget and where you are from? Do you have any online store that I can use for reference?

Reactions: KINGARTHUR12
Jan 23, 2021
It's not a fire hazard or anything like that but it's group regulated, which means that it is not something that you should be using with a discrete GPU. I would replace it ASAP, the Seasonic Core GC is a good PSU, but you might be missing some great PSUs for the money in your area. What is your budget and where you are from? Do you have any online store that I can use for reference?
Thank you
Location => Egypt
Budget => 1500 to 2000 EGP roughly 100 to 130 USD
online stores
https://www.sigma-computer.com/subcategory?id=6&cname=Accessories&id2=12&scname=Power Supply
https://www.elnekhelytechnology.com/psu

Reactions: KINGARTHUR12