Question How bad would 6 exhausts and 2 intakes be in the PC-011?

ironcreeper2004

Reputable
Oct 25, 2017
With 3 exhausts on the side, 3 on the bottom and only 2 140mm intakes on the top radiator, how much worse would temperatures be? Mostly want to have it like this for aesthetics as they're LL120s.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Typically front, side, and bottom fans are intake (pull cool air into case). Rear and top fans are exhaust (suck hot air from case). This includes when using rads, as well. You seem to be doing differently. Why are you doing so?

ironcreeper2004

Reputable
Oct 25, 2017
Typically front, side, and bottom fans are intake (pull cool air into case). Rear and top fans are exhaust (suck hot air from case). This includes when using rads, as well. You seem to be doing differently. Why are you doing so?
For the side and bottom, I put the fans on the side as exhausts purely for aesthetics, and put the ones on the bottom as intakes as I didn't think having all exhaust on side and bottom would be good. As for the intakes on the top, I've seen some people have theirs like that and they've found it fine.

ironcreeper2004

Reputable
Oct 25, 2017
For the side and bottom, I put the fans on the side as exhausts purely for aesthetics, and put the ones on the bottom as intakes as I didn't think having all exhaust on side and bottom would be good. As for the intakes on the top, I've seen some people have theirs like that and they've found it fine.
I think I'll change top to exhausts, then keep intakes on bottom and exhaust on side just for aesthetics. Would rather have 3 exhausts on bottom as well but that would mean I'd have all exhausts and I don't think that's the greatest idea.

Aesthetics aside, it is usually best to concentrate on getting cooling air INTO the case.
In time all the fresh air will exit somewhere, taking component heat with it.
What is your cooler?
The case allows only 155mm for an air cooler.
For air, Use only one exhaust at the top to direct the airflow out the top of the case.

If you use liquid, I would mount it on top, exhausting the hot air.

I would think 3 intakes on the side was best.

ironcreeper2004

Reputable
Oct 25, 2017
Aesthetics aside, it is usually best to concentrate on getting cooling air INTO the case.
In time all the fresh air will exit somewhere, taking component heat with it.
What is your cooler?
The case allows only 155mm for an air cooler.
For air, Use only one exhaust at the top to direct the airflow out the top of the case.

If you use liquid, I would mount it on top, exhausting the hot air.

I would think 3 intakes on the side was best.
I have an X62 with the radiator mounted up top with the 140mm fans exhausting hot air out.