how big are save files at the end?

I know this sounds odd but I'm curious as to how large a save file gets
near the end of the game. Once you have all the dungeons explored
there are a lot of maps to be saved. Your monster kill list by the
time I think would be fairly large. I know the save game isn't going
to be huge but I'm starting to feel like I'm never going to get a
character to the end so I won't be able to find out on my own. Anyone
have a save game near the end that they could look at and tell me?

-gunder

"gunder" <antigunder@yahoo.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:1113407846.102420.266250@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I know this sounds odd but I'm curious as to how large a save file gets
> near the end of the game.

They're usually in the 2 MB range.

Markku Rikola wrote:
> "gunder" <antigunder@yahoo.com> kirjoitti
> viestissä:1113407846.102420.266250@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
>>I know this sounds odd but I'm curious as to how large a save file gets
>>near the end of the game.
>

> They're usually in the 2 MB range.

I've got a couple with characters who have won the game and are about
to leave the chain - they are both around 1.3 Mb.

On 13 Apr 2005 08:57:26 -0700, "gunder" <antigunder@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I know this sounds odd but I'm curious as to how large a save file gets
>near the end of the game.

Normally, they are 2MB-3MB.

You can use NTFS or another compressed fulesystem to make them take very
little space (cut the size down to about one-quarter or better.)

> Once you have all the dungeons explored
>there are a lot of maps to be saved.

Yes - about 100 maps as a rough estimate.

>Your monster kill list by the time I think would be fairly large.

Don't worry about this. The monster kill list takes up a fixed amount of
space - one integer per monster species.