How Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019 Plays on Different Graphics Cards

Nov 1, 2019
Ive got a R5 2600, RTX 2060 nvme ssd, 860 evo ssd, 16gb 3000mhz cl15 memory. I run the game at 100% /1080p render with everything else on low. I get 150+ fps to power my high refresh monitor. frame times dip occasionally in ground war. but once the map and everything is loaded, it runs like a champ. very optimized on release. good job game ready drivers.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019
Playing on a Zotac amp 2080.
If left at stock clocks, runs at a uncapped 163fps average in 1080p with maxed settings paired with a 2700x.
I leave it at 120fps capped and my GPU stays below 50C 90% of the time. Ground war causes it to jump to 56C.
This game is pretty optimized.
Runs 1440p at 120hz as well capped. But definitely gets a little hotter. I prefer a more stable system so I keep it at 1080p.

Interestingly, I find that any overclocking of the GPU leaded to direct x 6068 errors and leave it at stock clock speeds. Although my silicon handles a good 225mhz overclock everywhere else.

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
Why bother with AMD integrated graphics if you're not going to also include a dedicated AMD graphics card? If someone didn't know better, they may assume AMD cards/drivers won't work with the game.

There are people that can only afford an APU and besides that if said person is using a cloud gaming service they should be able to play this game on a cloud service like Geforce Now as an example because i have a laptop that has a i5 8250U and a MX150 GPU which i am not able to play most games i own on it but with Geforce Now i am able to play all my games on high settings the only catch is you need a strong connection for it.

AndrewJacksonZA

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I opened the article to see how this would run on my RX470. Please change the title to something like "How Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019 Plays on Different Nvidia Graphics Cards, and on AMD APUs" as you most certainly did not "test on everything from integrated graphics to GTX 1080"

Thumbs down.

Reactions: husker

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
There are people that can only afford an APU and besides that if said person is using a cloud gaming service they should be able to play this game on a cloud service like Geforce Now as an example because i have a laptop that has a i5 8250U and a MX150 GPU which i am not able to play most games i own on it but with Geforce Now i am able to play all my games on high settings the only catch is you need a strong connection for it.

There's nothing wrong with reviewing how the game runs on integrated graphics; indeed that is helpful information. It's just a matter of fairness - if you're going to bring AMD into the conversation you can't only mention it's weakest entry while reviewing Nvidia's best. I know that the author is not attempting to make a direct comparison between the two, or that it was intentional, but the lingering impression of the article is that AMD is somehow bad or irrelevant.

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
There's nothing wrong with reviewing how the game runs on integrated graphics; indeed that is helpful information. It's just a matter of fairness - if you're going to bring AMD into the conversation you can't only mention it's weakest entry while reviewing Nvidia's best. I know that the author is not attempting to make a direct comparison between the two, or that it was intentional, but the lingering impression of the article is that AMD is somehow bad or irrelevant.

I feel like you're quoting the wrong person as i was defending the review as for the guy above saying that "Why bother with AMD integrated graphics " and also the reason why they don't even bother to add in the RX 570 and 580 in the review is because if the 1050 Ti wasn't going to handle the game then the 570 would be like on the lowest setting pretty much.