Question How can i choose which ip is used (2 static ip on same pc)

Mar 11, 2020
I'm trying to set up a multiseat gaming desktop with program called Aster. The program can use 2 static ip set in control panel for each station (monitor). If i use ipconfig /all in cmd i can see in the preffered adapter's details that there are 2 IPv4 addresses like how i wanted, but when i open up the second desktop with aster and write ipconfig /all on both I get the same ipv4. I can clearly see that it is in fact the same PC so the command will give me the same ip address (i think). This applies to games as well. I cant connect the the virtual pc s to each other because they have the same local ip.

My configuration consists of:
-router with 192.168.1.1
-pc using 192.168.1.160 and .162
-using Aster to assign the ip for each virtual pc
-two monitors for Aster requirements

Is there a way to choose between the two ip? I also have a program called Sandboxie. It is used to run 2 of the same applications on different parts of memory if you have any suggestions for setting an ip for a given application.

Thanks in advance!

Mar 11, 2020
What are you trying to accomplish with having two ips?
I am trying to run two copies of the same game on the same pc (on two different monitors which represent (in theory) two different desktops). The fact that i want two ip addresses is because i want to host a game server with one and connect with the other(to play with somebody).

Mar 11, 2020
This is a question you have to ask Aster - how they do virtualization.

From OS' stand point, you have two IP addresses (and by a chance they are bound to same physical network adapter). From there on, every app has the option to "bind" itself to one or the other.

I have read about that in the last days and figured out someting close to what are you saying. My setup is a little bit more complicated, but works well if i use something else to connect (like the platform Steam which uses invites). This game however, after launching the second copy of the game with the program Sandboxie, i still get a "bind()..." error. I think this is what you were talking about. I tried ForceBindIp, but with that i got more problems to solve. If i dont have a way to set which ip the application (or the virtual desktop) should choose, i dont think i should have much hope. I am going to reach Aster. I first wrote on this forum because i saw that people are really active here and found solutions here before.

If you are curious want kind of setup I have, i will write it down. I dont know if this should be the problem, because games that have an invite option do work.
I'm actually using a laptop as a monitor with a program which has two versions: the server host and the client (the computer and the monitor). This is happening using a connection throughout a router with two ethernet cables. This...however is the second router (i had a spare one), because the first router from my isp is actually pretty bad and i need to pay for each ethernet port which is not a thing for other isps (didnt know that until a few months have passed). Anyways... This means that the first network adapter is used for internet connection and the other one for the "monitor".

I'm doing such a complicated setup because I can't afford at the moment to buy anything.