Question How can I connect 2 laptops to 2 monitors, extend the screens and control both with the same mouse and keyboard?

Nov 29, 2021
Hey guys,

I am noob when it comes to anything to do with hardware so would appreciate some detailed help on how can I achieve this please.

Need help with the following please

I have 2 laptops:
My personal one - which contains 1x HDMI Port
My company's work laptop - which contains 1x HDMI Port

I also have 2 monitors - each having 1x HDMI Ports

1. I want to have both laptops connected to each monitor, allowing to control both SIMULTANEOUSLY with a single common mouse & keyboard.

2. I need to be able to have my personal laptop on "monitor 1" and my company's laptop on "monitor 2" SIMULTANEOUSLY
and be able to cross the mouse between each monitor - from my personal laptop (scree 1) to company's laptop (screen 2) and vice-versa.

3. Also need to be able to have a simple full extended screen across the 2 monitors for just 1 laptop (either my personal or my work's)

Can someone please advise on what hardware do I need to buy to achieve this please? Or better yet, post amazon links to which items to buy?

Please bear in mind that no external software can be installed on my company's laptop.

Regards

Nov 29, 2021
Thanks for the reply, I thought it was possible without any software. A lot of people on YouTube mention something called a “KVM” but the videos seem complex and I don’t really understand much about it, so thought I’d ask here.

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks for the reply, I thought it was possible without any software. A lot of people on YouTube mention something called a “KVM” but the videos seem complex and I don’t really understand much about it, so thought I’d ask here.
A KVM, yes.
One or more systems controlling one or more monitors.

But not seamlessly sliding across systems.