[SOLVED] How can I find out what the max voltage I can put my cpu under?

Dec 27, 2020
I want to find the max voltage I can put on my cpu because I am trying to overclock and don’t want to make it too high.
my cpu is the 3600xt and the gpu is a 1070ti
550w psu
16gb 2400mhz ram

Solution
As for your original question, there is no "Max Voltage". Each CPU is different. One 3600XT might go to 5.2 GHz. Another might only get to 4.6GHz. Overclocking is a process where you increase the voltage a tiny bit and them test your system for stability. If it's stable, repeat the process again and again until you run into stability issues. Finally, you back down until to your last stable settings.

-Wolf sends

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
I am not a mod but this should be posted in the OC forum, but FYI it is better to undervolt Ryzen then to increase the voltage.

And yes fast ram will make the most difference. Enable XMP, or manually OC it to 3600mhz

Wolfshadw

Titan
As for your original question, there is no "Max Voltage". Each CPU is different. One 3600XT might go to 5.2 GHz. Another might only get to 4.6GHz. Overclocking is a process where you increase the voltage a tiny bit and them test your system for stability. If it's stable, repeat the process again and again until you run into stability issues. Finally, you back down until to your last stable settings.

-Wolf sends

Solution