How can i fit a x1950 xtx in a dell optiplex gx620 case?

jon4127

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
i have a radeon x1950 xtx that i just bought. when i went to put the graphics card in my computer (dell optiplex gx620 the full sized tower)the heatsink was in the way. is there any way to get a new heatsink that will work or any other way that i am missing to put this all together?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
You can buy smaller heat sinks, search on newegg. I wouldn't start doing that sort of thing unless you know what you are doing, though a cheep 1950 is probably the best place to learn in case you break it :).

Is there another card inteh way, or something else? If it is a card perhaps you could movie it.

You have to make sure to consider things like space before you get a graphics card, though I can't imagine a 1950 cost you much to worry about that. Just buy a 4670 which is much smaller and roughly the same performance.

jon4127

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
There are no other cards in the way. The graphics card is just too long. That is a good idea on the smaller heatsink, but I am worried about overheating. Will a smaller heatsink be able to cool my cpu enough with the additional heat added from the graphics card?