Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2019
My specs
Rx 580
i5 7400
8 gb ddr4 ram
1440*900 display resolution

In almost every game I play my Anti Aliasing doesn't do anything to get rid of the stair case effect. I've tried using a DDU and reinstall my drivers, I've tried super sampling, enhancing AA through AMD Control Panel but nothing seems to be working. If anyone knows somehow to fix this issue, i will be so happy. Here is game play of The Witcher 3 where you can see the aliasing everywhere and it's almost unplayable
(follow the link and watch it on the highest quality)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5XGGGnEHac
(follow the link and watch it on highest quality)

Last edited:
Your first video is not working, can't view it. Have you done some overclocking on your GPU ? What's the make/model number of your PSU ? In what all other games, you are facing AA issues, apart from Witcher 3 ?

What all exact AA settings have you actually applied, both in-game, as well as via the AMD Control panel software ? Make sure there is NO conflict of any sort.

Jun 28, 2019
Your first video is not working, can't view it. Have you done some overclocking on your GPU ? What's the make/model number of your PSU ? In what all other games, you are facing AA issues, apart from Witcher 3 ?

What all exact AA settings have you actually applied, both in-game, as well as via the AMD Control panel software ? Make sure there is NO conflict of any sort.
man thanks for your answer :) i have this problem in everygame i play and it's unplayable.i have this gpu like 6month so i didn't overclock it. my psu:gp580a-es/in game i usually put the AA on the highest option and it's diffrent in any game: the highest TAA or SMAA or MSAA but i never use Super Sampling because it makes my fps under 30.In amd control panel i choose AA mode to override.../AA lvl to 8x/method to MSAA / turned off the morphological filtering/AF to use app setting/

Jun 28, 2019
Don't override any settings, use the "Use Application Settings", or "Enhance Application Settings" instead. It's better to turn OFF Morphological Filtering, as it can BLUR the image sometimes. MSAA can sometimes be demanding.
You know i have this problem for few months so i tried everything in amd control panel like use app setting and Enhance Application Settings. i tried many options in amd control panel and app settings.So i though it can be from my monitor so i turned on the VSR in amd's display panel and i used higher resolution in games with that but nothing changed.i'm just confused. What is the matter?Do i have to change my GPU?Or is it from another part of my pc?

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019
you know... it's flickering in game. i mean i have flickering textures too.when i move in game things just flicker!i need your help guys my games are unplayable i'm sure there is a solution :)))))

Jun 28, 2019
you know... it's flickering in game. i mean i have flickering textures too.when i move in game things just flicker!i need your help guys my games are unplayable i'm sure there is a solution :)))))
That video is in 720p. I don't see any aliasing there.
Is your ingame resolution 720p also? Should be using native res of your monitor 1440x900.

What's the model name of your monitor btw?

Jun 28, 2019
Personally I can't even see those problems, you're talking about.
If something barely noticeable makes you feel, like games are unplayable, then I guess ...
don't play them or​
invest into higher res monitor than 1440x900 and/or Nvidia graphics card.​
Just look at the last video that i posted it's a gameppay of gta where you can easily see my problem

Status
Not open for further replies.