[SOLVED] How can I get 3 Monitors to show?

Mar 24, 2020
Hello,

I am trying to display 3 monitors with my Samsung laptop. 1 being my laptop and the other 2 external monitors. I have a VGA and HDMI port as well as 3 USB ports. I have one monitor set up with the VGA port and the other set up with the HDMI port. My graphics card is an Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000. I have read in several sites that to display 3 monitors with this graphics card is not possible. I have both monitors plugged into my Samsung laptop but the only one that will display the VGA monitor.

Is there a work around to be able to display all 3 at once?

Thanks!

Solution
Usb port replicator now? You keep throwing out different device names that are the wrong device. Usb video cards are also a completely different device and don't work the same way.

No you don't need a dock to turn off the built in monitor. Check what settings are available in display settings when you click on the built in monitor. I've seen some that don't want you to turn it off.
Both can be displayed without the main monitor on. The hd 3000 only supports 2 outputs at once. A dock is not the same as an adapter. You don't need a dock.
Exactly, so the hdmi and vga both won't work with the laptop display on.

Most usb port replicators also have a dvi/vga/hdmi port on them that's essentially a usb video card using the cpu like you mentioned. That is one way to add a second monitor--that's how it was done before laptops had 2x native display capability. ;)

Mar 24, 2020
Will i need a dock to set up with out the main monitor on? Although that isn't what i want to do. My goal is to have all 3 monitors running at once. This would be a temporary fix until i get a usb adapter

Usb port replicator now? You keep throwing out different device names that are the wrong device. Usb video cards are also a completely different device and don't work the same way.

No you don't need a dock to turn off the built in monitor. Check what settings are available in display settings when you click on the built in monitor. I've seen some that don't want you to turn it off.

Solution