[SOLVED] How can I install my networks card when my graphics covers both entrances

Solution
https://www.amazon.com/Cablecc-Expr...+riser+cable&qid=1565740300&s=gateway&sr=8-16

A physically bigger WiFi card isn't some sort of guarantee a card will better handle wireless networking signals. If you're going WiFi, there's little harm in using a spare USB 3.1 Gen 1 or newer expansion method, rather than trying to fight a riser cable and card that otherwise won't fit without some sort of Mickey Mousing which you sound unsure of.

The side benefit of USB WiFi, which I recommend it for in some situations is, you can relocate a USB based device for better signal easier than you can a card that you have to move the case to get major antenna adjustments for. Of...

kanewolf

Titan
You might be able to get a PCIe flexible riser cable installed BEFORE you install the GPU. Other than that, you would need a different motherboard.

You seem to have a disproportionate graphics card compared to the rest of your build. Stock CPU cooler and triple wide graphics card don't usually go together.

May 15, 2019
Thank you for your reply. Im not sure my gpu will fit into my case if I elevate it.
As for the disproportionate build, i didn't build it myself, it was put together by a pc-building company.

kanewolf

Titan
Thank you for your reply. Im not sure my gpu will fit into my case if I elevate it.
As for the disproportionate build, i didn't build it myself, it was put together by a pc-building company.
I was recommending a PCIe x1 flex cable to allow you to relocate the network card. Put the flex cable into the furthest x1 slot. Hopefully it won't get too bent when you install the graphics card.

May 15, 2019
Yea I was looking at buying a pcie cable and I might have to go with that and hope for the best.

haha yeah its pretty huge, im switching from ethernet to wifi as im moving out with some friends, so I thought I'd go for some good stuff, and i found that card on ebay.
Its prebuilt, i only opted for 16gb RAM instead of 8.
Would you guys recommend any changes to my build?

https://www.amazon.com/Cablecc-Expr...+riser+cable&qid=1565740300&s=gateway&sr=8-16

A physically bigger WiFi card isn't some sort of guarantee a card will better handle wireless networking signals. If you're going WiFi, there's little harm in using a spare USB 3.1 Gen 1 or newer expansion method, rather than trying to fight a riser cable and card that otherwise won't fit without some sort of Mickey Mousing which you sound unsure of.

The side benefit of USB WiFi, which I recommend it for in some situations is, you can relocate a USB based device for better signal easier than you can a card that you have to move the case to get major antenna adjustments for. Of course, there is nothing stopping you from getting bigger antennae and using longer wires for your card, but longer antennae wires are not as good as sourcing your antennae close to your actual WiFi device.

Solution