How can I install the MSDN help library

Any suggestions on installing MSDN library help file?

I am currently using visual c++ version 6.0.

I don't know where the MSDN file is located. Thus, I couldn't use the help
function in visual c++. Can it be downloaded from internet?

Thanks for reply n suggestion.

MSDN = Microsoft Developer Network.
MSDN not = Microsoft Windows XP.

Try posting your MSDN questions where the MSDN gurus hang out:

microsoft.public.msdn.general

steve

"Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Any suggestions on installing MSDN library help file?
>
> I am currently using visual c++ version 6.0.
>
> I don't know where the MSDN file is located. Thus, I couldn't use the help
> function in visual c++. Can it be downloaded from internet?
>

> Thanks for reply n suggestion.

There are many things that anyone can download and others that require
subscription. Check out the MSDN home page:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/

PattyL

"Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Any suggestions on installing MSDN library help file?
>
> I am currently using visual c++ version 6.0.
>
> I don't know where the MSDN file is located. Thus, I couldn't use the help
> function in visual c++. Can it be downloaded from internet?
>

> Thanks for reply n suggestion.

Yes you can definitely download it. Pay the MSDN fee and feel free

--
Peter

"Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:624D51A5-3ABC-4BC6-BA1B-BF51731A5A92@microsoft.com...
> Any suggestions on installing MSDN library help file?
>
> I am currently using visual c++ version 6.0.
>
> I don't know where the MSDN file is located. Thus, I couldn't use the help
> function in visual c++. Can it be downloaded from internet?
>

> Thanks for reply n suggestion.

frodo

>> I am currently using visual c++ version 6.0.
>> I don't know where the MSDN file is located. Thus, I couldn't use the help
>> function in visual c++. Can it be downloaded from internet?

the package you installed VC++ from should have included the MSDN disks,
about 3 of them.

The last version of MSDN that supported VC++ 6.0 was the Oct 2001 release;
try to find a friend who has that if you can, it's a 3-disk set.

MSDN is a subscription service, and can be very expensive. There used to
be a coupon in the VC++ package that entitled you to a 1 year basic
subscription for just a few dollars, it bought you updates of the 3-disk
MSDN Reference package only. [Full subscriptions ship something like 50
disks to you every few months, w/ pretty much everything MS offers on
them].

Since you want just the old Oct 2001 release I'd guess that wouldn't cost
much. Check here:

or Google around. It is old, I wouldn't be surprised if you found ISO's of
the CDs floating around somewhere....