Question How can I install Windows without a USB drive or disk or using other computer?

NINJA_5

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
I am building a new PC because my last one was unfortunately destroyed, and i found out that there is a cheaper way of getting Windows 10 by only paying for the activation key, rather than the whole package.

So I'm wondering if there is a way to get the installation process going, without the use of another computer, or USB drive, or disk.

Or alternately if I could somehow install the windows 10 install program onto a USB using my phone, or a Chromebook because I do have one of those as well.

Difficulty is not an issue to me as long as I don't risk damaging anything.

NINJA_5

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
"cheaper" is not a thing.
What you pay for is the actual license key. The USB or DVD installer can be created for free.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

But you WILL need access to a different working PC.
Or, purchase the DVD or USB from Microsoft/BestBuy/whatever.

Again, what you're paying for is the license, not the install media.
There actually is a cheaper way that is official to just buy the activation key to activate windows rather than buy the whole package, all I need is an already existing installation USB to start the process.

I'm just seeing if anyone on this site or internet in general knows of a way to make one of those usb's without using another Windows machine.

I don't mean to be trite, but the USB faerie is not going to leave you a Windows install USB under your pillow. If you are not going to create an install USB with a Windows computer, what means do you have to create such a beast? OTOH, you can always buy a windows 10 install USB from ebay for about $10 if that's what you mean.

NINJA_5

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
I don't mean to be trite, but the USB faerie is not going to leave you a Windows install USB under your pillow. If you are not going to create an install USB with a Windows computer, what means do you have to create such a beast? OTOH, you can always buy a windows 10 install USB from ebay for about $10 if that's what you mean.
Ik it's not just gonna appear lol, but ik there is a way to used your phone as an install USB but that requires repurposing your phone as just that pretty much and don't want to do that, so I'm wondering if I could create the USB installer (with a USB I already have) or something similar by other means than using an already existing PC with Windows (that I do not have).