How can i make my pc faster at rendering?

May 9, 2019
i have a pc that has the following specs

CPU : Intel Core i7 6800k @3.40GHz
Ram: 32GB @1066MHZ
Graphics: 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
MB : Gigabyte X99P-SLI-CF (socket 0)

Hi, can you elaborate on what you mean by 'faster at rendering'? There are quite a few different tasks that could mean (e.g. rendering of 3D CAD models, or rendering videos etc)- is there a specific bit of software you are using as some offer GPU acceleration, others only run on cpu...

Thanks!

May 9, 2019
Hi, can you elaborate on what you mean by 'faster at rendering'? There are quite a few different tasks that could mean (e.g. rendering of 3D CAD models, or rendering videos etc)- is there a specific bit of software you are using as some offer GPU acceleration, others only run on cpu...

Thanks!
rendering both videos and 3D models and im using Adobe creative studio specifically Adobe AE

rendering both videos and 3D models and im using Adobe creative studio specifically Adobe AE

There is a useful page I've found with some info on this:
https://www.pugetsystems.com/recomm...After-Effects-CC-144/Hardware-Recommendations

A faster CPU looks like the way to go- unfortunately you will also need a new motherboard, however going for one of the latest Intel CPU's with more cores / threads should provide a good boost.

Typically I would say AMD is a better option for rendering tasks (given how many cores / threads you get), however Adobe AE runs better on Intel so that looks like your best bet.

An i7 8700K would be a nice step up (without breaking the bank), the 9900k is also a great choice but expensive.

Reactions: edmwanza

Get faster CPU and/or video card. Solid state drive if you don't have one already. Overclock the system.

No magic powder to sprinkle on a computer to make it go faster.