Question How can I reduce my temperature?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 18, 2019
Intel Core I7 6700
gtx 1070
16 gb ram
I usually get 75+ C while playing Overwatch on Ultra settings.Air cooled.I searched the model of a fan I found inside the pc:Alpine 12 for around 10 euros.
Thinking of buying a liquid(Coolermaster masterliquid ML240L RGB)How does it work and where can I plug it?
I reached 81 degrees today and I am worried.

Just because it's an AIO doesn't mean its better. There are plenty of air coolers that out perform AIO's for less money and becaue they don't have a pump air coolers don't have that extra point of failure like an aio. Temps of your internal components will be determined by your fan configuration. Where are you going to be mounting the aio? No mater what you do, if you choose to go with an aio, your cpu temps will always be low with that processor due to the tdp and overkill cooling. That being said, in order to have unobstructed air flow to the graphics card which will indefinitely be the hottest component, my advice is to mount the rad on the top so unobstructed front intake/positive pressure can hit the graphics card.

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Probably. You'll have better airflow for sure, those are 140mm fans. My case is a fractal design R5, that's a case with a solid door in front, and 2x 140mm fan intakes and just the nzxt Kraken X61 as only exhaust and my gtx970 at 128%OC never has any issues at all with temps. Rarely ever goes beyond 60°C. Cpu is i7-3770K, at currently 4.6GHz and never goes beyond 55°C unless stress testing.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Patience. Zip ties, velcro, whatever makes a neat wiring job easier, cleaner. That's an expensive case, and really good looking. Throwing wires in higgledee-piggledee would just take away from the whole thing, not add to the looks of the build.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Have fun. Building a pc with that much potential to be show class is a challenge and a labor of love. I can toss a pc together, from box to boot in about half an hour. My pc took closer to a week, just because of the wiring, dry fitting, changes, re-routing etc. But other than cleaning its not been messed with in over 6 years, hasn't needed to be.

Jun 18, 2019
Ok thanks for all the help and the answers you provided!I'll do my best basically ''building'' my pc as a first-timer.
Edit:I just saw the reply about the stand-off.Do I need to purchase a bracket for matx or will the current bracket do the trick?

Last edited: