Question How can I use my ram at its maximum frequency without crashes since I paid more for that?

Jan 29, 2023
Hey, guys! I have a cpu ryzen 5 5600x and ram with 3600mhz. so On settings I went and enabled docp and set the frequency to 3400(even less than its max frequency) but I kept getting crashes, blue screens etc. So by running diganosis etc. I found the reason behid these is docp, to solve it I lowered my ram speed just put the mhz of the ram to the max that my cpu memory controller support(3200mhz). But now I feel so angry cuz I paid more for more frequency ram, as people said it is better for ryzen cpus. So how can I use my ram at its maximum frequecy? do I have to edit voltage? can anyone help with that?
thx before

The maximum rated speed for the memory controller on the 5600x is 3200MHz with only two sticks so any faster (or more sticks) is overclocking.

Yes, you have to expect to tweak voltages and timings when overclocking. Or else the alternative is to buy a whole bunch of 5600x CPUs and go through them until you get lucky and find one that will run 3600MHz at default settings.

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Hey, guys! I have a cpu ryzen 5 5600x and ram with 3600mhz. so On settings I went and enabled docp and set the frequency to 3400(even less than its max frequency) but I kept getting crashes, blue screens etc. So by running diganosis etc. I found the reason behid these is docp, to solve it I lowered my ram speed just put the mhz of the ram to the max that my cpu memory controller support(3200mhz). But now I feel so angry cuz I paid more for more frequency ram, as people said it is better for ryzen cpus. So how can I use my ram at its maximum frequecy? do I have to edit voltage? can anyone help with that?
thx before
A few things to do to help...first is to confirm you're using the 2nd and 4th DIMM socket going away from the CPU (this had better be a two stick kit, btw). Second is to do a CMOS reset by pulling the battery as well as shorting the pins if you've never done that with this memory; this is very important.

Also manually enter the RAM voltage in BIOS. Some BIOS' are bad about not reading and setting the XMP voltage properly and I've had trouble with that on my Asus TUF motherboard. If that doesn't do it then increase it even more. DDR4 RAM is rated as high as 1.5V but I'd not go more than 1.45V in daily useage. Of course the idea is to find the lowest voltage where it remains stable. This shouldn't take long at all.

Let us know if this doesn't work out.

zx128k

Reputable
Getting below 3600 on the ram seems a little low even for a 5600x. The stock is 3200 but almost everyone gts at least 3600 on average. Are you in the right DIMM slots, the motherboard manual should help. Be careful with RAM voltage, not all RAM IC's like 1.5 volts. Some will straight up have problems above 1.35 volts, others will safely stay at 1.6 volts (expensive b-die DDR4 overclocked kits). Right kit and you can daily 1.45-1.5volts safely. 1.45 volts is stock for many samsung b-die kits at 3600 CL14.