How can I watch live steam cctv from any where

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjpem72

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
I've set up cctv in my home I can view live steam in my house useing my home internet. From my iPad
, but how can I view live steam when I'm useing another wifi internet?

Solution
From the iPad - are you using an app to view the stream, or specialized app?
In first case - forward TCP port 80 toward your CCTV (and make sure it is up with all security, strong passwords etc).
In latter case - check with app developer what ports you need to open on your router.
Finally (not really necessary) - sign up for DDNS (Dynamic DNS) service so that you can access your router by name.
From the iPad - are you using an app to view the stream, or specialized app?
In first case - forward TCP port 80 toward your CCTV (and make sure it is up with all security, strong passwords etc).
In latter case - check with app developer what ports you need to open on your router.
Finally (not really necessary) - sign up for DDNS (Dynamic DNS) service so that you can access your router by name.

Solution

tjpem72

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017

yea I had to download an app works well when I'm at home, is dns service free?

There are plenty of free DDNS services. Start with your router - a lot of modern routers have this capability. If your router does not support that, check with the CCTV. If everything else fails, you would need to install an update app on a PC.

Check with your ISP as well - they may offer you "static IP address" service. There are ISPs (eg XFinity) where IP address does not change often, if ever.

tjpem72

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017

Great thanks for your help static IP address sounds like a great idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.