How conductive is cotton left on gpu

spyguy

Honorable
Dec 3, 2017
I clean my gpu with cotton swabs, qtips to be exact and it works well but usually there will be a small hair size piece of cotton left snagged on one of the little silver pins on top of the gpu. I blow it off with compressed air but im a little ocd and its hard to get the thing completely spotless. So would a tiny hair size piece of cotton conduct electricity enough to cause a static discharge and fry the card? And also what type of brush should I get from the hardware store to prevent this type of problem in the future? And by that I mean what material should the bristles be?

Solution
It wont cause any harm.
I use personally brush for paintings ( the fine one) and acetone to clean gpu from dust, as part of old thermal paste, simple towel to wipe off and some more acetone.

And to add, i even spilled hot glue onto my R7 250 onto back with tranzistors and caps which is still working to its day
It wont cause any harm.
I use personally brush for paintings ( the fine one) and acetone to clean gpu from dust, as part of old thermal paste, simple towel to wipe off and some more acetone.

And to add, i even spilled hot glue onto my R7 250 onto back with tranzistors and caps which is still working to its day

Solution