Question How could I easily improve the cooling in this ?

Dec 23, 2022
Is there anyway to easily improve the cooling in this? Could I just drill holes in it or point a small fan at it? I've seen elsewhere that I would eventually have to upgrade something inside, but would like to know if there is something quick and temporary.

The quick and dirty fix that fixes cooling in many cases is to remove the side panel. That by itself might be enough if not a small house box fan pointed into the open side of the case tends to solve most case cooling issues.

I am very surprised they have such a poor ventilated case for equipment that uses such large power. Then again I am not so sure about that cpu cooler on something like a 12700 either.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its HP, they still trying to use up the factory they have full of ancient cases they bought in bulk in the 00's that they figured would be all you ever need. Same factory Dell uses.
The cooler falls into same category. One cooler for all CPU, regardless of whether it should be used.
Once they have your money they don't care.

Whats the temps looking like? From the Video @Colif posted, the heatsinks are small and the case has no intake fan.

You could try to fix a noctua 92mm fan on the inside of the side vents to force air in with cable ties? just remember to have some rubber pads for vibration and sound damping...

Is there anyway to easily improve the cooling in this? Could I just drill holes in it or point a small fan at it? I've seen elsewhere that I would eventually have to upgrade something inside, but would like to know if there is something quick and temporary.
Easy fix - remove side panel.

Ultimately you're looking at pc case replacement. Because that is not gaming suitable pc case.
Very constricted/ close to nonexistent airflow.
Look for something with mesh front.

Problem with pc case replacement is - front ports with new case will become non-operational,
because those ports are integrated into motherboard pcb.