[SOLVED] How do i access it? An Old hard disk drive

Paterino Del Galaxia

Commendable
Jun 2, 2019
So i have a 1998 Maxtor Nstar drive and i hooked it up on my new pc with an ide slot. The computer recognizes it at Bios Bootup. It does make clicking noise and whatso ever weird scratching sounds. I know that this driveis dying so how do i get to access it? It does not show up in the computer afterbooting up. It is only detected not read. So how do i fix this at home. Please do not suggest any technicians as i want to do this on my own.

No, you cannot access a failed HDD where the read/write head is jammed and quite likely the platters are damaged as well.

PC is still able to detect it because the data & power cables are connected to it and there's nothing wrong with those connections.
The damage is inside the drive not the cable connections.

Paterino Del Galaxia

Commendable
Jun 2, 2019
No, you cannot access a failed HDD where the read/write head is jammed and quite likely the platters are damaged as well.

PC is still able to detect it because the data & power cables are connected to it and there's nothing wrong with those connections.
The damage is inside the drive not the cable connections.
Ok thanks you very much! I have one last question, so there are noways to fix a jammed head and playtter? Ok thankks!