[SOLVED] How do i access it? An Old hard disk drive

Jun 2, 2019
So i have a 1998 Maxtor Nstar drive and i hooked it up on my new pc with an ide slot. The computer recognizes it at Bios Bootup. It does make clicking noise and whatso ever weird scratching sounds. I know that this driveis dying so how do i get to access it? It does not show up in the computer afterbooting up. It is only detected not read. So how do i fix this at home. Please do not suggest any technicians as i want to do this on my own.

No, you cannot access a failed HDD where the read/write head is jammed and quite likely the platters are damaged as well.

PC is still able to detect it because the data & power cables are connected to it and there's nothing wrong with those connections.
The damage is inside the drive not the cable connections.

Jun 2, 2019
No, you cannot access a failed HDD where the read/write head is jammed and quite likely the platters are damaged as well.

PC is still able to detect it because the data & power cables are connected to it and there's nothing wrong with those connections.
The damage is inside the drive not the cable connections.
Ok thanks you very much! I have one last question, so there are noways to fix a jammed head and playtter? Ok thankks!

TRENDING THREADS