[SOLVED] How do I connect motherboard sync cable to my motherboard

Nov 5, 2021
I have the MAG B550 tomahawk and the Zalman 27 neo case and can figure out how to connect the 4 pin 12 volt motherboard sync cable. I have tried putting it in the sys_fan headers but they didn’t fit.

Solution
RGB and motor have separate leads
this controller hub offers LED & motor control through the fan's single proprietary 6 pin connector.
When I unplug it from the psu, the fans don’t turn on
there should be a power cable out that would connect directly to the power supply.
it should then have an RGB out that would go to the motherboard's RGB header.
it should also offer a PWM out that would go to the motherboard's PWM fan header.

provide images of the the three cables(top & bottom of hub image) leading out from the hub including their connectors.

a8_101119.jpg
Nov 5, 2021
if it is for RGB LED syncing then you would connect it to a 4 pin RGB header.
your motherboard manual should have an image of the board describing the different headers.
I plugged it into the JRGB but still had no control over the fan speed. Is it because I also plugged the fan board into the psu as well?

RGB and motor have separate leads
this controller hub offers LED & motor control through the fan's single proprietary 6 pin connector.
When I unplug it from the psu, the fans don’t turn on
there should be a power cable out that would connect directly to the power supply.
it should then have an RGB out that would go to the motherboard's RGB header.
it should also offer a PWM out that would go to the motherboard's PWM fan header.

provide images of the the three cables(top & bottom of hub image) leading out from the hub including their connectors.

a8_101119.jpg

Solution