[SOLVED] How do i connect the RGB Controller to my motherboard?

Solution
that Intel 400 series motherboard is pretty low quality to be using with a nice CPU like that.
i would recommend moving up to a Z490, Z570, or Z590 to bring out some more potential.
the fan's RGB cable should connect to the smaller 4-pin RGB header shown near the top of your picture.

and the fan's 4-pin PWM fan cable should be connected to the motherboard fan header labeled, CPU_Fan.
if you have trouble locating this fan header, read your motherboard user manual. it will provide an image detailing the available headers and their locations.

the larger molex cable shown in your image needs to be connected directly to your power supply, not the motherboard.

Mar 17, 2021
the fan's RGB cable should connect to the smaller 4-pin RGB header shown near the top of your picture.

and the fan's 4-pin PWM fan cable should be connected to the motherboard fan header labeled, CPU_Fan.
if you have trouble locating this fan header, read your motherboard user manual. it will provide an image detailing the available headers and their locations.

the larger molex cable shown in your image needs to be connected directly to your power supply, not the motherboard.

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/ojuXsN5

ive connected the CPU cooler to the CPU Fan but where the 4pin RBG header go?

but where the 4pin RBG header go?
like i previously stated,
xqMs2hOl.jpg

Do i stick the 4 pin into JRGB1 at the bottom of my motherboard and i won't need to use the Molex adaptor?
as long as they are also 4-pin RGB headers.
yes, you should be able to bypass the Cooler Master controller all together by just using motherboard headers.
then you can control the fan's colors by your motherboard's control software, probably MSI's Mystic Light. but check on the motherboard product support page.

if they are 3-pin aRGB headers you cannot use a 4-pin cable to connect to them.
they will look similar but the 3rd out of the 4 pins will be missing.

i can't really tell from the motherboard image provided, so just make sure all four pins are there.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
That little controller box in your photos is supplied just so you CAN use those lights even if your mobo does NOT have a suitable RGB header. But yours does, as you say - the JRGB1 header at the bottom edge near the rear (see your manual, p. 8). So ignore that manual box and connect the RGB cable from the cooler system directly to that mobo header. Then load and use the MSI Mystic Light utility.

Mar 17, 2021
That little controller box in your photos is supplied just so you CAN use those lights even if your mobo does NOT have a suitable RGB header. But yours does, as you say - the JRGB1 header at the bottom edge near the rear (see your manual, p. 8). So ignore that manual box and connect the RGB cable from the cooler system directly to that mobo header. Then load and use the MSI Mystic Light utility.

This is what the bottom of my mobo looks like, there's no pins

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/4Mg6Oup

that's strange that the diagram shows an RGB header there, and the board actually has a labeled spot for it but there's no pins.
it must just be a low-end version of the board used for OEM builds where those aren't actually included.

is the top-right JARINBOW1 header available or also just a "blank" spot on the board, and does it have 3 or 4-pins if so?

Mar 17, 2021
that's strange that the diagram shows an RGB header there, and the board actually has a labeled spot for it but there's no pins.
it must just be a low-end version of the board used for OEM builds where those aren't actually included.

is the top-right JARINBOW1 header available or also just a "blank" spot on the board, and does it have 3 or 4-pins if so?
Its blank so it looks like i may have to get a new motherboard :cautious:

Mar 17, 2021
MSI makes some good stuff usually.

just compare the dimensions from the motherboard specs
to the dimensions from the case specs.
both should be available on the MSI product pages.

the size in mm\in shouldn't really matter though.
the board will state if it is ATX, mATX, E-ATX, etc
and the case will show which of those variants it can accommodate.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Really weird! The web page for the MSI H410M Pro mobo (that's what you listed) does say clearly that the mobo has one header each for JRGB1 and JRAINBOW1, and shows them on the mobo layout diagram with those labels (the latter mis-spelled), each with a note below it: {H410M PRO], as if these are present only on this version of the mobo. Yet yours has the pins missing on BOTH!

A replacement mobo is a good idea.