Question How do I control my addressable RGB light strips on motherboard?

Will_63

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
I purchased a Maximus XI hero wifi and installed an EKWB water block with addressable rgb lights. However when using aura, I can't seem to find anything or figure out how to control each individual light? double checked all connection so its not a hardware issue. I tried reinstalling Aura and getting latest version and drivers etc, no luck..

Any help?

Motherboard has:
2 x Aura Addressable Strip Header(s)
2 x Aura RGB Strip Headers

Products marked with the EK RGB logo are compatible with all popular RGB sync technologies from all major motherboard manufacturers. The arrow marking on the 3-pin LED connector is to be aligned with the +5V marking on the A-RGB header. The pinout is as follows: 5V, D, empty, ground.

Thread with people having similar problems:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105774-AURA-SYNC-1-07-22-Report-Issues-Here/page22

Will_63

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
So I know how to hook up the strip but it doesn't seem like I can actually control each individual led when they are hooked up to my MB. Does anyone know a work around that? I don't understand why this MB has an addressable strip if you can't even program the leds to be the colour you want. My ram argb leds are able to be programmed via the asus aura software, albeit in a very inefficient and tedious way. would love to be able to set a static colour for each individual led.