how do i disable a firewall on a router

reyna58

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
i am trying to conect internet to my blu ray disk sumsung player and i get gateway ping , so somone recomend to diable the firewall on the router , how do i do that?

Solution

Just as Wolf has said you don't want to disable your firewall but what you could is find out what port your blue ray player is trying to communicate on and configure the port forwarding. This will allow the traffic the player needs to reach it without opening yourself to all the internet STD's.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Do not disable the firewall on your router. This leaves you almost completely open to viral attacks, mal-ware and every other IT nightmare you want to dream up. The better solution would be to contact Samsung with your specific Blu-Ray player model as well as your router model number and have them identify how to configure your firewall to allow the player to connect to the internet.

-Wolf sends

neieus

Distinguished

Just as Wolf has said you don't want to disable your firewall but what you could is find out what port your blue ray player is trying to communicate on and configure the port forwarding. This will allow the traffic the player needs to reach it without opening yourself to all the internet STD's.

Solution