[SOLVED] How do I enable g-sync? No option in nvidia control panel or monitor settings

Alex__Jones123

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2014
I have been getting terrible screen tearing in high fps games such as rocket league and valorant so I decided to look around for a g-sync monitor. Anyway turns out, I'm pretty sure my current monitor supports it. Here is a link to the monitor. It says g-sync and freesync, but when I try to enable g-sync in Nvidia control panel, there is no 'set up g-sync' option. Am I missing something obvious here? I can't find an option for it in the monitor settings and I have updated geforce experience to the latest version. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Solution
Do you meet all the requirements?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I am using a 980Ti connected via display port. Looks like the link Glenwing sent says that my GPU is not supported, guess it gives me even more reason to build a new PC! Thanks both :)
That's correct - Nvidia only enabled G-Sync for FreeSync monitors (that Nvidia calls "G-Sync compatible) for the 10-, 16-, and 20- series GeForce cards.

Note: GSync monitors have Nvidia's GSync hardware inside them - and they cost extra because of it. "GSync compatible" are FreeSync monitors without that additional hardware, but Nvidia's drivers will use the FreeSync capability of (while still calling it GSync... which I personally think they should stop doing, and just say "Enable FreeSync" or whatever in the driver option.