Question How do I fix my computer ?

Dec 18, 2021
I just upgraded my cpu from a Ryzen 7 3800xt to a ryzen 9 5900x. I have a x570 Aorus Elite and I updated the bios to the most recent one. I also upgraded my cooler to the nzxt z73 and upgraded my ram to 4 sticks of 8gb from 2 sticks of 8gb at the same time that I upgraded my cpu. I have an EVGA 750w Gold power supply (Bstock) and my GPU is a 5700xt.

After I upgraded my CPU, I tried turning it on but I would be on the loading screen with my motherboard logo and then it would just shut off. Everything would just randomly turn off but the motherboard RGB was still on. Sometimes I would be able to go log in and use it for about 2 minutes but it would just shut off again. I then thought it was my new CPU and something wrong with the bios, so I put my old CPU back in and the problem still continued (the computer worked perfectly fine before I put in my new CPU, cooler, and ram.)

The next day it still didn't work when I tried to turn it on and I kept having the same problem, I would turn it on, and about 2 minutes in it would just turn off. I put back in my new CPU and tried again but it still didn't work. I then thought maybe I screwed in my cooler too hard or too loose. I then tightened my cooler, and after tightening my cooler, and taking out of stick of ram and putting it back in (had to clean it because I spilled some thermal paste on it) my computer doesn't even display anything on the monitor, it just turns on with the fans spinning and the LCD screen on my cooler turns on, but the RGB on the fans don't light up. What should I do? Is it a problem with the PSU, motherboard, CPU, cooler, or something else?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"(had to clean it because I spilled some thermal paste on it) "

What thermal paste did you use? How was the paste applied? How was the cleaning done?

Motherboard User Guide/Manual

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_x570s-aorus-elite-ax_e.pdf

Verify that I found the correct User Manual.

Review the User Manual and double check that all connections and configurations are correct.

= = = =

RAM: will the system boot with only the two original RAM sticks installed?

Carefully inspect all of the RAM slots for leftover thermal paste, other debris, and possibly damage.

Dec 18, 2021
This:

What thermal paste did you use? How was the paste applied? How was the cleaning done?

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_x570s-aorus-elite-ax_e.pdf

Review the User Manual and double check that all connections and configurations are correct.

= = = =

Carefully inspect all of the RAM slots for leftover thermal paste, other debris, and possibly damage.
This:

= = = =

This:

= = = =

Hey I put back in my old ram and it boots again but still the same problem of it turning off after 2 minutes. I'm not sure but I think the CPU is overheating and maybe that's why it's shutting off. Like I said before, I installed a new Nzxt Kraken Z73 aio cooler and do you know how to check if its working properly? THe LCD screen on the cooler is on but I'm not sure if it's actually working or not.

Ralston18

Titan
Boot as normal.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that are being captured about the 2 minute time mark or otherwise just before CPU shuts down.

Then boot into Safe mode to determine if the system remains on or again turns off. Again look for corresponding errors.

The problem could be overheating are you able to observe any temperatures?

Dec 18, 2021
Okay, it is 100% the CPU temperature because I got into the bios and I don't think the aio pump is working. The CPU temperature was rising by 1 celsius every second so I think I either have a defective pump or installed it wrong. Does anybody know how to fix or check if I installed it wrong?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Reinstall it,make sure you follow instructions/manual.

If you want us to see post pics of it here,

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.

Dec 18, 2021
Reinstall it,make sure you follow instructions/manual.

If you want us to see post pics of it here,
I switched back to my wraith prism cooler for now. I am pretty sure I installed it correctly but I will call NZXT tomorrow. I'll post an update on what they say whether or not I installed it wrong or if I got a faulty aio.

Dec 18, 2021
I switched back to my wraith prism cooler for now. I am pretty sure I installed it correctly but I will call NZXT tomorrow. I'll post an update on what they say whether or not I installed it wrong or if I got a faulty aio.
Oh, and the problem was that my CPU was overheatingl because the aio wasn't working. At some points I opened my NZXT CAM software with the 2 minute window I had and I could see the temperature was above 100 and then a few seconds later it would just shut my PC down. I went into the bios right after the boot and the temperature was increasing pretty fast.