Question How do I fix my frequent stuttering?

Mar 25, 2023
Hello, for the past year or so I've had a very annoying stuttering issue. In almost every 3D game I've tried playing, I get small 2-3 second stutters that drop the FPS down very low, but then springs it back up again. Like I said, this happens mainly in 3D games, not 2D or pixelated games. I suspect the issue is with my memory because its usage is always at 80% or more, no matter what. CPU also reaches close to 100% when I'm playing games.
My specs are:

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 TI with Max-Q Design
  • Intel Core i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40 GHz
  • 7.82 GB RAM
  • 1920 x 1080 60 Hz display
These specs are according to GeForce Experience. I also have some Intel integrated graphics. I've tried switching the preferred processor from integrated graphics to the NVIDIA one, but it doesn't solve the issue. I've also tried uninstalling all of my old drivers with device manager and installing the newest NVIDIA driver, but that didn't solve anything. If I need to look for and provide any more information, please let me know.

Feb 26, 2023
You should have at least 8 GB RAM just to run Windows. That doesn't include any games your running. So if the recommended requirements of the game are also 8GB, you should have 16GB minimum. You always need to subtract at least 8GB for Windows to use.

Mar 25, 2023
You should have at least 8 GB RAM just to run Windows. That doesn't include any games your running. So if the recommended requirements of the game are also 8GB, you should have 16GB minimum. You always need to subtract at least 8GB for Windows to use.
Oh wow, I didn't know that. I checked my PC information in settings and it says I have 8 GB, but 7.82 is usable. What are some of the ways I could upgrade my RAM? I play on a laptop.

Mar 25, 2023
I didn't have this issue when I first got my laptop, so I'm not sure if I need more RAM. The intervals of stuttering appear around 10 minutes after launching any of the games that are affected by it.