[SOLVED] How do I fix my request timing out?

Jan 28, 2022
Whenever I use the command "ping google.com -t", I can let it run for 15-20s before I stop getting valid replies and I get "Request timed out." and then it goes back to normal. Until again, it will randomly say "Request timed out.". The only I reason I have a problem with this is because its negatively affects me in-game. As in some games I play with my dad I will freeze up and be unable to play for a moment and then it zips back to normal. It is not a problem with my personal computer.

Solution
Run tracert 8.8.8.8

This is only to get the IP of the routers in the path it will likely not show any problems.

Now open 3 cmd windows. Run the ping to google like you did but also run ping to hop 1 (your router) and hop 2 (likely the ISP first router).

What you hope to see is no loss to your router but loss to hop 2 and the final node. You should be able to call your ISP and show them this and get them to fix it. This would indicate some issue with the connection going to your house
Run tracert 8.8.8.8

This is only to get the IP of the routers in the path it will likely not show any problems.

Now open 3 cmd windows. Run the ping to google like you did but also run ping to hop 1 (your router) and hop 2 (likely the ISP first router).

What you hope to see is no loss to your router but loss to hop 2 and the final node. You should be able to call your ISP and show them this and get them to fix it. This would indicate some issue with the connection going to your house

Solution