[SOLVED] How do I fix PC randomly restarts while gaming/editing after I set my ram to 3600mhz in the XMP profile

gabe_santillan

Honorable
Apr 18, 2016
My ram is 3600mhz but by default its set to 2133mhz on the bios, and when I set an XMP profile to make it 3600mhz it can cause my pc to restart while gaming or while editing videos. I do not get a blue screen. My pc just turned itself off then back on. How can I fix this? I did a memtest86 and memtest64 on the ram and it has 0 errors. Tried under-volting the cpu and it did not fix it, same thing with under-volting the gpu

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte X570 UD (Bios is updated to the most recent version.)
Sapphire 6700xt
Patriot Viper blackout 16 GB 3600mhz (2x 8GB sticks)
FSP hyper-k 600w PSU

Thanks!

Solution
My thought is a psu problem. By getting the RAM running at the correct speed will have most likely increased cpu and gpu performance and power requirements. Your psu is not one I know but according to Tom’s list it’s a poor quality unit under tier D https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psucultists-psu-tier-list-rev-14-8-12-07-2021.3624094/

A random restart with no blue screen does not sound typical of a RAM problem but it does sound typical of a psu problem.
My ram is 3600mhz but by default its set to 2133mhz on the bios, and when I set an XMP profile to make it 3600mhz it can cause my pc to restart while gaming or while editing videos. I do not get a blue screen. My pc just turned itself off then back on. How can I fix this? I did a memtest86 and memtest64 on the ram and it has 0 errors. Tried under-volting the cpu and it did not fix it, same thing with under-volting the gpu

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte X570 UD (Bios is updated to the most recent version.)
Sapphire 6700xt
Patriot Viper blackout 16 GB 3600mhz (2x 8GB sticks)
FSP hyper-k 600w PSU

Thanks!
Check memory voltage and raise to 1,35 or 1.4v.

My thought is a psu problem. By getting the RAM running at the correct speed will have most likely increased cpu and gpu performance and power requirements. Your psu is not one I know but according to Tom’s list it’s a poor quality unit under tier D https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psucultists-psu-tier-list-rev-14-8-12-07-2021.3624094/

A random restart with no blue screen does not sound typical of a RAM problem but it does sound typical of a psu problem.

Solution