Question How do I fix this "CPU Ocupancy 99%" problem?

Jun 27, 2020
So I play about 90% racing sims like iRacing and rFactor 2 with a little bit of Call of Duty and Tony Hawk mixed in too. Whenever any game with very high graphics I will get this message on the top of the screen or a huge drop in frames. Even playing Tony Hawk on the Highest settings( the graphics are awful for that game even on those settings just because it's old ) or Dirt Rally 2.0 on low settings will have a massive lag in game where either the screen freezes or the whole game freezes for up to 5 seconds or a drop in frames it makes the games unplayable at that point. What would be first on a list of upgrades for my PC to stop this from happening. I would like to keep the same MoBo if possible.

CPU: AMD FX-6300
RAM: 16GB DDR3
GPU: GTX1660ti running a 3840x1080@120Hz monitor
MoBo: MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) (MS-7641) (CPU1)

So I play about 90% racing sims like iRacing and rFactor 2 with a little bit of Call of Duty and Tony Hawk mixed in too. Whenever any game with very high graphics I will get this message on the top of the screen or a huge drop in frames. Even playing Tony Hawk on the Highest settings( the graphics are awful for that game even on those settings just because it's old ) or Dirt Rally 2.0 on low settings will have a massive lag in game where either the screen freezes or the whole game freezes for up to 5 seconds or a drop in frames it makes the games unplayable at that point. What would be first on a list of upgrades for my PC to stop this from happening. I would like to keep the same MoBo if possible.

CPU: AMD FX-6300
RAM: 16GB DDR3
GPU: GTX1660ti running a 3840x1080@120Hz monitor
MoBo: MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) (MS-7641) (CPU1)
That MB is no good for any better processor which you obviously need.

EdgeT

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Try overclocking your CPU, the platform is dead otherwise.
But also, monitor your CPU usage when not gaming, maybe something is overtaxing the CPU (Windows updates etc).

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS