[SOLVED] How do I fix this W11 Security Issue?

ManOfArc

Honorable
Jul 8, 2017
Today I swapped out my Ryzen 5 4600G for a Ryzen 7 4700G (don't ask why).

There is a warning flag on my Windows Security icon in the Tray. It tells me that my Device Security is not working.
PHOTO

That takes me to a page that says my Local Security Authority Protection is off, whatever that is.
PHOTO

I checked BIOS and TPM is enabled... So, I'm lost. Is it fixable or do I just dismiss it to make the warning flag go away?

Ryzen 7 4700G
Asus Prime B450M-A
512GB NVMe SSD
2x8GB DDR4 3200
GTX 1660 Ti
W11 Pro

Solution
I haven't read fully up on this new security update, but every single PC that I deal with shows this notification and refuses to go away even on the required restart. I dealt with this on (6) separate machines, (3) on W11 and (3) on W10. I am of the hope that some future hotfix will deal with it.

I also did note the gaming slowdown as a result of the update, so I turned it off and dismissed notification about it on (2) of the machines.
My laptop won't get happy with core isolation in any regard due to a printer driver and my daily workload needs that to work more than this...

ManOfArc

Honorable
Jul 8, 2017

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I haven't read fully up on this new security update, but every single PC that I deal with shows this notification and refuses to go away even on the required restart. I dealt with this on (6) separate machines, (3) on W11 and (3) on W10. I am of the hope that some future hotfix will deal with it.

I also did note the gaming slowdown as a result of the update, so I turned it off and dismissed notification about it on (2) of the machines.
My laptop won't get happy with core isolation in any regard due to a printer driver and my daily workload needs that to work more than this...

Solution
Thank you. But it doesn't sound like something I want or need enabled. Why is it suddenly showing up as an warning?

And would I be any less safe just dismissing the warning? This is simply a home PC not a server or business situation.
Microsoft really wants to push its new security features on to people. Whether or not they actually help is for another day.

So in theory, yes you'll be less safe dismissing it. However, the risk of you getting attacked through whatever mechanism this thing is trying to protect is likely very low as long as you practice safe internet browsing habits. And if you're worried about data loss or something because your computer gets compromised and you need to sanitize it, this is why you should have a back up plan in place.

ManOfArc

Honorable
Jul 8, 2017
Thank you both. I decide to do a Repair Install of W11 to see if that would fix the warning nag. So far, it did. Now I'm about to see if there are any updates to get, and keeping my fingers crossed that one of those doesn't trigger it.