Question How do I install Antec A400 RGB cooler safely ?

maxim45001

Honorable
Oct 20, 2018
So I bought the cooler ...checked everything beforehand but It seems that I messed up - I put the cooler on my cpu ...missed the mounting bracket handles , then removed it ...wiped the paste and tried again but on the 2nd Bracket instead outside of my pc (I have LGA 1151 , I tried to test-mount the cooler on the LGA2011/2066 bracket ) . Are the latching clips supposed to be very loose when put on the bracket ? I'm afraid the cooler would fall of my motherboard as it will stand sideways .Would appreciate the help

maxim45001

Honorable
Oct 20, 2018
I believe the cooler is supposed to 'click' and stand firm on the bracket/stand... maybe the issue is that by putting it on a bracket outside of a motherboard it can not be put strongly in place without a floor ?

Lutfij

Titan
https://www.antec.com/documents/product/cooling-A400 RGB manual.jpg
You're going to lay the case on it's side in order for you to install the cooler on the right way. You will need to place the bracket meant for the LGA1155 socket, place it atop the motherboard's CPU socket and align with the holes, then use the expansion pin columns + the expansion pins. With the mounting bracket in place, you use the retention arm/mechanism on the cooler to secure it into place.

Reactions: maxim45001

maxim45001

Honorable
Oct 20, 2018
What?
Are you assembling cpu cooler without installing it on a motherboard?

Please show photos.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)
No..
I was testing it on a different bracket since i couldnt do it the first time on the motherboard ...I can't seem to click it in place on the motherboard since the roof of the case gets in the way ...smh

maxim45001

Honorable
Oct 20, 2018
Why not?

Anyway - have you tried turning support bracket by 90 degrees?
The socket placement is identical on the other side ...I can't separate the mobo from the case because I bought them ages ago ...I don't remember who built it for me but the the mobo is bolted into the case by force (not by regular screws but right into the frame ...can't take it out