[SOLVED] How do I know if both of the RAM sticks are synchronized and working properly?

Nov 12, 2019
I just got a new RAM stick installed on my laptop. Now I have two RAM sticks (8 and 8 GB). How do I know if both of the RAM sticks are synchronized and working properly?
I used HW Info software to check the two RAM sticks and all of their specifications are the same (although they are from two different brands).
I kind of feel like the RAMs aren't installed/synchronized properly for some reason.

Here's a few images:

View: https://imgur.com/a/MaY3o5x

Any kind of help is appreciated. Thanks a lot :)

Solution
At the images you shared both RAM seems working with the same timings as double channel.

If you do not see any BSOD or some other errors, and these RAM otherwise works fine, then I don't think you have anything worry about.

Here people are recommending only buying double RAM packages for double channel RAMs or 4 RAM packages for quad channel operation. I disagreed with them, and replied that I have systems working with RAMs from different packages, and I was accused of lying. I don't know why I would bother lying, I don't know.

If you have some clues, that something is wrong it is of course something else. In general RAMs with same timings should run, but yes different brands or even same brand different type of RAMs are more likely...

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
At the images you shared both RAM seems working with the same timings as double channel.

If you do not see any BSOD or some other errors, and these RAM otherwise works fine, then I don't think you have anything worry about.

Here people are recommending only buying double RAM packages for double channel RAMs or 4 RAM packages for quad channel operation. I disagreed with them, and replied that I have systems working with RAMs from different packages, and I was accused of lying. I don't know why I would bother lying, I don't know.

If you have some clues, that something is wrong it is of course something else. In general RAMs with same timings should run, but yes different brands or even same brand different type of RAMs are more likely not able to run together. I think as seen it is not your case.

Solution
Nov 12, 2019

If you have some clues, that something is wrong it is of course something else. In general RAMs with same timings should run, but yes different brands or even same brand different type of RAMs are more likely not able to run together. I think as seen it is not your case.

You're quite possibly right. I suppose I'm just "feeling" like something ain't right because the RAMs are from different brands (although they have the same specs). Thanks for the help.

Nov 12, 2019
That kind of combination has no guarantee to work together, or how it will work if you manage to get the system to boot up. You can do your own testing as there are no specifications for that kind of combination.

The system has definitely booted up (hence the images) and the computer has registered the existence of the new RAM. Everything is working fine. Thanks.