[SOLVED] How do I lower my CPU clock speed?

Jun 19, 2020
I have NZXT CAM installed and it’s saying my CPU clock speed is maxed right now at 4600 MHZ. IM not running anything but updating my Game on battlenet. I tried playing a game on steam but after 10 minutes my fans were going crazy fast and became loud. How do I lower the CPU clock speed so I won’t be having trouble with my fans. I know it’s not normal for it to be maxed out without even running anything.
System Specs
CPU: Intel i7 9700K
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1080 Ti
Motherboard: Microstar Z390-A Pro

Solution
It sounds like there is some overclocking enabled, try resetting the BIOS to default settings.

However this won’t help in games. In games your cpu usage and temperatures will go up. If you want it to run cooler and quieter then you need to look a better cooling solutions.
It sounds like there is some overclocking enabled, try resetting the BIOS to default settings.

However this won’t help in games. In games your cpu usage and temperatures will go up. If you want it to run cooler and quieter then you need to look a better cooling solutions.

Solution

AngelJin

Commendable
Jun 19, 2020
If u dont want to mess with bios u can change the windows power plan .https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1171973-could-my-cpu-power-plan-bottleneck-my-gpu/ check this mate post it might give u some insight. If u still dont get the results u want its time to mess with the bios but plz tell us what cooler u use atm and what case how many fans give us that info. Is ur cpu fan going crazy ur gpu fan or the case fans ? or all of them ? use a program to let us know ur temps.