[SOLVED] How do I make bootable USB from WinRE folder

Sep 19, 2019
Hi there,
I would like to ask - I have a folder that contains Recovery files from Lenovo Recovery Media. I wanna copy it to a new USB and boot from it. How do I do that?

r7cazvl8fen31.png

Here are the contains of folder.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
This looks like basically normal windows recovery files plus some lenovo software.
Get the free (community) version of easybcd
go to the tab bcd deployment and select your USB,make triple sure to select the right drive because selecting a drive vital for your boot may screw up your system,
Now push on write MBR and then on install BCD
Normally this should be it, if all the files are on the usb and you boot from it BCD will just start whatever is on the usb (boot folder) .

If it doesn't then
Go to the menu option file and choose Select BCD store and choose the usb you just installed BCD on
Go to the tab add new entry and on the lower part choose winPE and point it to the winRE.wim file.

Also lenovo probably has a tool on their...
This looks like basically normal windows recovery files plus some lenovo software.
go to the tab bcd deployment and select your USB,make triple sure to select the right drive because selecting a drive vital for your boot may screw up your system,
Normally this should be it, if all the files are on the usb and you boot from it BCD will just start whatever is on the usb (boot folder) .

If it doesn't then
Go to the menu option file and choose Select BCD store and choose the usb you just installed BCD on
Go to the tab add new entry and on the lower part choose winPE and point it to the winRE.wim file.

Also lenovo probably has a tool on their webpage or at least descriptions on how to do it,it wouldn't surprise me if this qdrive app has an option to burn the files onto a disk/usb.

Solution
Sep 19, 2019

If it doesn't then

Also lenovo probably has a tool on their webpage or at least descriptions on how to do it,it wouldn't surprise me if this qdrive app has an option to burn the files onto a disk/usb.
Thank you! It seems I'm one step further to make this work. But there is another problem - it can't find winboot.exe this time...