How do I overclock amd athlon II x4 860k

sindijapc

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017
So I have never actually overclocked a cpu before and I would like to know what would be the best settings to be changed in the bios for overclocking My cpu ?

My motherboard is : MSI A68HM-E33
Graphics card: Asus gtx 1050 ti 4gb
Cpu cooler : Enermax ets-t50a-bvt

Now note that I do not really understand what I am suppoused to change and what not to change since I am a beginner at this stuff

Here is a picture of how My overclock bios looks like : https://imgur.com/a/VrYDA5S

sindijapc

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017
@Countmike I only see dram voltage I do not see where I can change the voltage of the cpu , or is the dram voltage actually the cpu voltage ? And Also should the amd turbo core technology be turned off?

sindijapc

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017

So I just googled to Find about where the core voltage control is and turns out that this cpu doesnt even have a core voltage control in the bios so I guess I have to use a software to overclock it for example like amd overdrive but that would mean that I have to overclock it every single time I restart My pc ?

sindijapc

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017

Yes I did try to change the multiplier to 42 earlier this day and it ended up breaking my computer, and so I had to clear cmos. So I assume the safest way is to download amd overdrive.