How do I remove price companion from my computer?

GrannySmith1

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
This thing has been on my computer FOREVER. Everytime I do shopping online it will just pop up and try to find suggestions for me and scan the item.

I am currently using Mozilla Firefox as my browser. I ran malwarebytes but nothing came up. Firefox shows no extensions on it that are harmful.

I also have this pop up on firefox that occasionally comes up. It claims my computer is infected and to call a number right away.

Why am I being plagued with all this crap and why is my antivirus not catching it? How can I remove this stuff from my computer?

Thank you in advance for the help!

Solution
As someone said there are tutorials on the web - ( http://removecomputermalware.blogspot.com/2013/01/stop-coupon-companion-pop-up-how-to.html ) This one for instance shows the steps for manual removal.

The reason it does not show up as a virus or malware is that you had to agree to let it install (usually hidden in a free software download from a site like CNET ) and thus it is not considered a virus since it only gets installed if you agree to install it ( usually a default setting during the install of the software you downloaded that you have to untick in order to not install - but that is enough to stop it from being listed as a virus\malware since you agreed to install it ! ) Be sure to read all of the options when downloading and...
As someone said there are tutorials on the web - ( http://removecomputermalware.blogspot.com/2013/01/stop-coupon-companion-pop-up-how-to.html ) This one for instance shows the steps for manual removal.

The reason it does not show up as a virus or malware is that you had to agree to let it install (usually hidden in a free software download from a site like CNET ) and thus it is not considered a virus since it only gets installed if you agree to install it ( usually a default setting during the install of the software you downloaded that you have to untick in order to not install - but that is enough to stop it from being listed as a virus\malware since you agreed to install it ! ) Be sure to read all of the options when downloading and installing free software as they usually pack other programs in with it that pay the original company for distributing their software but it can be bypassed by simply unclicking one box - but if you just keep pressing install and yes it will get installed.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS