Question how do i rename recovered vid and audio files

Aug 22, 2019
After somehow erasing the partition on a TB external drive filled with stuff, I used Partition Recovery to get the files back. It took time to scan but returned 1.6 TB of files, all with their own file type but very few with names or titles. My question is is there a tool to compare file size from a different drive in order to short cut the renaming process?
Any help will be appreciated.

Not quite sure what the aim is? You have a drive with some of the data, and another drive with that identical data, plus additional data, that you recovered?

You wish to just auto-rename duplicates?
Delete duplicates to leave less to sort through and manually rename?

A duplicate remover that can do byte by byte scanning might help thin that down

Some POSSIBLY helpful files:

Aug 22, 2019
All I was thinking of was something that would scan for files, like of the same duration but not necessarily to delete. As I was in the process of duplicating drives for when they go wrong. Unfortunately, this was to be the first one lol,

Thanks for the reply and I will have a look through and find one that may help.

Aug 22, 2019
Hi jzabkar.

Thanks for the reply and I will give DMDE a go. The drive still sits there with the original files on, now in a raw state as I had to delete the partition again in order to scan and recover what is there. Thus the 1.3 Tb of data recovered from a 1TB drive.

It has been entertaining, as well as tedious, renaming the files. Found so many that I had actually forgotten. Will update as soon as I can get back to here.

Thanks again

Aug 22, 2019
Hi jzabkar.

After giving DMDE a go, I then spent about £16 for a years licence. I now have everything back as it was, plus a backup, like I always intended.

Thanks for the help.

TRENDING THREADS