Question How do I restructure my fans?

Hucka2

Prominent
Jun 25, 2022
I will have 2500RPM 120mm fans and 140mm 1500RPM fans

Do the fans with the higher RPM go to the radiator (AIO 360mm cooler) and the slower wider bigger fans to the case fan locations? Or vice versa?

To maximize performace and minimize noise

Hucka2

Prominent
Jun 25, 2022
360mm radiator doesn't support 140mm fans. Only 120mm fans are supported.
Oh crap you are right I totally forgot that!

But anyway, 140mm fans are significantly less loud right? Because they are bigger so need less effort to push air, correct?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Oh crap you are right I totally forgot that!

But anyway, 140mm fans are significantly less loud right? Because they are bigger so need less effort to push air, correct?
Sort of.

They spin slower, which is quieter, but they still use more energy to move a higher volume of air. Can't ignore physics.

Same work done over a larger area is another way to look at it.

120mm fans generally have higher static pressure, so are better use on radiators where you have a lot of air restriction.

They still make 140mm static pressure fans, but they are becoming less common. Most premium fans are RGB these days, and they often do a middle ground design that is decent for both airflow and static pressure.

Reactions: CountMike

Hucka2

Prominent
Jun 25, 2022
Sort of.

They spin slower, which is quieter, but they still use more energy to move a higher volume of air. Can't ignore physics.

Same work done over a larger area is another way to look at it.

120mm fans generally have higher static pressure, so are better use on radiators where you have a lot of air restriction.

They still make 140mm static pressure fans, but they are becoming less common. Most premium fans are RGB these days, and they often do a middle ground design that is decent for both airflow and static pressure.
What about stock fans vs BeQuiet LightWings ?

TRENDING THREADS