Question How do I stop my PC from stuttering when I'm streaming on discord?

Jul 30, 2024
Every time I stream anything on discord, It causes random pauses and stutters on my monitor, keyboard inputs, and my RGB on the PC components starts flickering on and off. FPS and everything else seem to be just fine though.

Older games cause abhorrent stuttering, specifically those that operate in full screen.

After contacting Vengeance (Corsair) support, the representative who also uses a Vengeance PC stated that the issue is common with Vengeance PCs, however the issue is related with applications on your computer rather than the hardware itself.

I was messaging in an old thread which got scrubbed clean as I was necroing the thread (which deleted a lot of valuable information for no reason other than "necroing") however through that thread I learnt that I should use process explorer.

I've learnt that apparently when steam is running, (open or just in the background), it takes up a lot of my I/O. It fluctuates from a mere 500-700 kilobytes per second to a whopping 50-70 megabytes per second which seemingly is 70% of my I/O

Ending Steam in task manager fixes every issue I've stated above, but I want to figure out a more permanent solution rather than having to end Steam in task manager every single time I want to stream. I've tried reducing Steam graphical settings, however that has done nothing to assist with the problem. Currently, I physically cannot have a stable streaming experience when I have Steam open or running in the background.

Vengeance a7200
750W ATX 80 PLUS Gold
B550 Motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
32GB DDR4-3200

Last edited:
There are a few thing that you can do.

One restart your stream until it locks in at good performance. Hit or miss.

If your streaming the game directly only sometimes it's better to switch to streaming your whole display but we use a separate monitor that displays the chat for privacy.

The stream seems to run better with no glitches with stutters and mouse lag. Try it and see if you get better results. :)

Jul 30, 2024
There are a few thing that you can do.

One restart your stream until it locks in at good performance. Hit or miss.

If your streaming the game directly only sometimes it's better to switch to streaming your whole display but we use a separate monitor that displays the chat for privacy.

The stream seems to run better with no glitches with stutters and mouse lag. Try it and see if you get better results. :)
The issue has been going on for years, so restarting Steam doesn't work. Doing alternative methods of streaming to discord obviously didn't work, tried it years ago. I appreciate the input however! I should've stated this was a long running issue.

Jul 30, 2024
Every time I stream anything on discord, It causes random pauses and stutters on my monitor, keyboard inputs, my RGB on the PC components starts flickering on and off and all audio goes quiet for a few seconds before coming back, and going a few times before being disconnected permanently until I restart my PC. FPS and everything else seem to be just fine though. The issue has been going on for practically years.

Restarting my PC several times hasn't fixed the issue. Changing the method of streaming from a specific application to the display hasn't helped at all either.

After contacting Vengeance (Corsair) support, the representative who also uses a Vengeance PC stated that the issue is common with Vengeance PCs, however the issue is related with applications on your computer rather than the computer itself.

I was messaging in an old thread which got scrubbed clean as I was necroing the thread (which deleted a lot of valuable information for no reason other than "necroing") however through that thread I learnt that I should use process explorer.

Trying to understand process explorer and fiddle with the options has done nothing though.

Vengeance A7200
750W ATX 80 PLUS Gold
B550 Motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
32GB DDR4-3200