How do I uninstal a prog. that shows file does not exist

Rattpack39

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
I have downloaded ask toolbar and somehow when I tried to uninstal it it shows, "C:\program files\askbar\unins000.dat" does not exsist. I tried to download it again so that I can remove it; However, it will not allow me to...stating, "detecting program installed already".
How do I remove "all associated files, ect..." of this program from my computer?

Solution
Ask tool bar can be removed by two methods that I know of . beacause this shdw..... dll hides in winn 32 it is protected by the OS. and unavailable to the manage add-ons function it makes the task difficult.
Method 1: Turn off system restore and reboot, this has good side effect, in that it cleans alot of junk out of your system. Method 2: Perform an advanced restore with your OS disk , but rember this requires reistalling all your progams. If your own system restore disk has this has this file on it don't use it.
I used the second method because my computer was new and had very little on it. If someone knows an easier method please post. Add and remove programs did not work in my case.

Detaill

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Ask tool bar can be removed by two methods that I know of . beacause this shdw..... dll hides in winn 32 it is protected by the OS. and unavailable to the manage add-ons function it makes the task difficult.
Method 1: Turn off system restore and reboot, this has good side effect, in that it cleans alot of junk out of your system. Method 2: Perform an advanced restore with your OS disk , but rember this requires reistalling all your progams. If your own system restore disk has this has this file on it don't use it.
I used the second method because my computer was new and had very little on it. If someone knows an easier method please post. Add and remove programs did not work in my case.

Solution

Rattpack39

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009

Thank you for your response...I will wait to see if anyone else has any other suggestions before I try your method. I am not wanting to erase any of my programs other then the one mentioned above.